We at AIRMW must raise $120,000 in capital funds to engage a new space and facilitate the moving process. This funding will cover the following needs:
- Deposit on a new lease and dual rent throughout the move
- Custom build-out of our new space, including some construction and painting requirements
- Installation of special flooring for dance rehearsal and performance
- Secure storage for instruments, stands, and other valuable equipment
- A new communications infrastructure
- Moving expenses
We aim to achieve our fundraising goal in multiple phases. This fall, AIRMW will launch its Capital Campaign “DOJO PROJECT 2020” with Phase I, working to raise $45,000 from our Chicago community by January 31, 2020 (we will continue to look for donations until May 31, 2020). We recognize that this will be a monumental effort, and we need to marshal the support of our artistic community to set this ambitious campaign in motion. We need your help to reach the full breadth of our community members as we raise these necessary funds.
Together we can build a new home for Asian Improv aRts Midwest for decades to come!
AIRMW Donor Benefits
A formal kimono fitting by our Grandmaster followed by a photoshoot
DOJO PROJECT 2020 tote bag and choice of:
*Donations of $5,000 made before December 1, 2019 will apply to Taiko Legacy or Reduction at the MCA, December 7 or 8, 2019. Donations after that date will apply to Taiko Legacy or Reduction in December of 2020.
DOJO PROJECT 2020: Donation Form