As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, our Dojo Project has been extended through 2021. The timeline has been shifted for a move-in date of fall 2021, as we work to survive as a performing arts-based organization during shelter-in-place and social distancing measures. Our search for a new home will continue as soon as it is safe for us to do so. In the meantime, we are still gratefully accepting donations for the Dojo Project and extend our gratitude to the supporters who have already given us financial support. Thank you for your continued support and please stay well.
We at AIRMW must raise $120,000 in capital funds to engage a new space and facilitate the moving process. This funding will cover the following needs:
- Deposit on a new lease and dual rent throughout the move
- Custom build-out of our new space, including some construction and painting requirements
- Installation of special flooring for dance rehearsal and performance
- Secure storage for instruments, stands, and other essential equipment
- A new communications infrastructure
- Moving expenses
We aim to achieve our fundraising goal in multiple phases. In fall 2019 AIRMW launched our Capital Campaign “DOJO PROJECT 2020” with Phase I, working to raise $45,000 from our Chicago community by January 31, 2020 (we will continue to look for donations until May 31, 2020). We recognize that this will be a monumental effort, and we need to marshal the support of our artistic community to set this ambitious campaign in motion. We need your help to reach the full breadth of our community members as we raise these necessary funds.
* As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, our campaign project has been extended through 2021, with a new expected move-in date of Fall 2021.
AIRMW Donor Benefits
A formal kimono fitting by our Grandmaster followed by a photoshoot
DOJO PROJECT 2020 tote bag and choice of: